To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
As a congregation of the United Methodist Church, Kingsley UMC believes:
The Bible (writings of the Old and New Testaments) are inspired word of God.
- Humans were intended to reflect the image of God, but all of us are sinners of which the image of God is distorted. Sin keeps us from God and corrupts nature as such we cannot heal ourselves.
- Salvation through Jesus Christ. That God has redeemed us through his love to save sinners through Jesus’ life and teachings, the atoning of this death, his resurrection, and his presence through history, and his coming return.
- Sanctification that draws man toward the gift of Christian perfection. John Wesley described this as a heart”habitually filled with the love of God and neighbor” and “having the mind of Christ to walk as he walked.”
- Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
- Free will, as man is free to make our own choices due to God’s divine grace.
- Grace which God gives freely to all people.